Thursday 23 December 2010

New Photography Project for 2011

I was totally lost for ideas for my final year project for photography. I started to panick because I'm a total retard and have spent the last 3 months doing nothing for photography. My idea went from the 'Anonymous' to 'Identity'. But these ideas make me so confused and I really think I lack the ability to bring out such important topics. Ha yes no faith in my ability. I am pretty bad at photography, I think I am anyway and when I see everybody else's work that I know and I just want to slit my throat with a spoon. It's so aggravating feeling useless and completely untalented.
I've decided to persevere with the photography till the end of next year, only because I have to, but instead of worrying about how shitey my photos look, I'm going to throw paint on them instead. Ever since I started mucking around with photography I really enjoyed Arnulf Rainer's work, he's a weird little Austrian man who is slightly bat shit and into surreal things and I really like that about him. His photographs aren't fantastic but they speak to me and I really think instead of creating something that will probably come out looking like a turd whatever happens I might as well paint over it. Plus this means using black and white film. Ahhh I like this....



No comments:

Post a Comment